The Committee works in line with our Charter, a document that explains our role, functions and powers to monitor banks’ compliance with the Banking Code of Practice.
What we do
The Charter identifies the Committee’s functions, our power, and some of the processes we must follow when doing out work, such as:
How we work
The charter also sets out the guiding principles for how we work. The Committee will:
- be transparent and accountable
- act with integrity and impartiality
- act in a fair, reasonable, independent and effective way
- provide guidance to industry to promote best practice Code compliance
- prioritise issues that are industry-wide, serious or systemic
- promote its work and provide community assurance by regularly publishing its work.
The Charter also has rules to do with the Committee’s governance, membership and operating procedures.